[Twisted-Python] Twisted receiving buffers swamped?

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Sat Jan 17 10:00:03 MST 2015

> >>On Jan 12, 2015, at 12:49 PM, Tobias Oberstein But what is the
> >>"interface" between test cases from "twisted- benchmarks" to
> >>codespeed?
> >
> >Codespeed runs the benchmark, and they print out this stuff:
> >https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~twisted-dev/twisted-
> >benchmarks/trunk/view/head:/benchlib.py#L12
> >
> >POSTing them via JSON would be nicer, structured data is great.
>
> Nothing parses that output.  It's just for humans.
>
> The code you're looking for is:
>
>   https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~twisted-dev/twisted-
> benchmarks/trunk/view/head:/speedcenter.py
>
> which POSTs structured data (though urlencoded, not JSON) to the
> codespeed server.

I see. And codespeed parsest that, stores it in a database and produces graphics?

It seems, reporting the results via a WAMP RPC to a backend should be quite easy to add in speedcenter.py

How is Twisted speedcenter orchestrated / triggered?

I mean, a new commit to Twisted repo will trigger rerunning all speed tests? If so, how does that work?

/Tobias