[Twisted-Python] Twisted receiving buffers swamped?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jan 12 14:08:46 MST 2015

On 08:49 pm, tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de wrote:

>Rgd. Codespeed (https://github.com/tobami/codespeed), which seems to be
>used
>by speedcenter.twistedmatrix.com: I have issues here as well.
>
>E.g. I need latency histograms, but this seems unsupported (benchmark
>results can
>only have avg/min/max/stddev). For me, this isn't "nice to have", but
>essential.
>Throughput is one thing. Constistent low latency a completely
>different. The latter is
>much much harder.

Codespeed is terrible.  But this is not one of the ways in which it is
terrible.  Codespeed doesn't care if you label your measurement
"latency".  I think you've just noticed that what the existing
benchmarks measure is mostly (entirely?) throughput.  If you wanted to
write a latency benchmark, I don't think anything's stopping you.

>I think we can find something better for that part.

I suggest more fully understanding the capabilities and limitations of
of codespeed before embarking on a project to replace it.

Jean-Paul