[Twisted-Python] Development documentation in Trac wiki

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Feb 7 14:28:13 MST 2015

> On Feb 7, 2015, at 6:35 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> What do you think?

I'd prefer to go the opposite direction, and take all the policy documents on the wiki and put them into the repository.  Originally, the intention of putting stuff on the wiki was to have a rough draft for something that was not official, but would become so when it went through code review and went into the repository.

Right now many changes to these de-facto official policies happen with only a cursory mailing list discussion, so they don't necessarily reflect the consensus process that we have designed for code.

It's worth noting that CompatibilityPolicy is still provisional because our code still emits warnings, and we should fix those :-).

-glyph