[Twisted-Python] to force-builds.py or not to force-builds.py

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sat Feb 7 07:49:40 MST 2015

On 19 November 2014 at 20:20, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2014, at 02:20, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>
> Given that it already exists, I'm not sure it makes much sense to delete it.
> Perhaps some folks prefer a workflow that is command-line oriented rather
> than web-browser based.
>
> I don't really feel very strongly about it, though.
>

> I guess we should do two things, really:
>
> 1. remove it from the onboarding documentation so there are fewer choices /
> things to learn when getting started
>
> 2. *add it* to some documentation for itself, so that people know how to use
> it.
>
> While in its current state it isn't really useful to me, I would _love_ to
> be able to use this to spin off some tests ... if I could then view their
> output on the command line as well, and not just have to hit a browser
> immediately anyway :).

Here are my improvements:

https://github.com/twisted/twisted-dev-tools/pull/8

Please, please merge
https://github.com/twisted/twisted-dev-tools/pull/4 or
https://github.com/twisted/twisted-dev-tools/pull/7

----------

I also wanted to update the tools to show status in command line and
run a specific test/tests just like you would run trial on local
system (without -b) ... but for next ticket.

For my project I have a similar tool which just runs a background
thread and pipes the output of last builbot web status log into the
console.
It is ok for test which take a few second, but for test that take
40minutes I found email notifications much useful.

Cheers
--
Adi Roiban