[Twisted-Python] Development documentation in Trac wiki

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Feb 7 08:29:19 MST 2015

On 02:35 pm, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to talk about moving Twisted development documentation out
>of
>official Twisted doc.
>
>They can be moved either into the Trac wiki or a separate project ...
>maybe twisted-dev-tools
>
>The problem with Twisted main repo is that (AFAIK) updates are done
>only after a release... so I change might be delay quite a lot (6
>months)

The coding standard really shouldn't be changing so frequently that this
is a major concern.  Additionally, everyone who is developing Twisted
has a Twisted checkout with the most recent version of the information
anyway.

Also, releases *should* be happening more frequently than every six
months.

This doesn't seem like a very compelling reason to make this change.

Jean-Paul