[Twisted-Python] Development documentation in Trac wiki

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sat Feb 7 07:35:56 MST 2015

Hi,

I would like to talk about moving Twisted development documentation out of
official Twisted doc.

They can be moved either into the Trac wiki or a separate project ...
maybe twisted-dev-tools

The problem with Twisted main repo is that (AFAIK) updates are done
only after a release... so I change might be delay quite a lot (6
months)

We already have a lot of info inside the Trac wiki..

My plan it to move the following docs into Trac and organize existing
specification and development wiki pages:

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/specifications/index.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/specifications/banana.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/index.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/naming.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/philosophy.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/security.html

I would also move the following docs to Trac so that they can be
updated much faster.

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/svn-dev.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/index.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/coding-standard.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/writing-standard.html
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/test-standard.html

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/development/policy/doc-standard.html
Do we still use XHTML ?

Trac support RST format, so we can maintain those pages in RST... and
trac wiki allow to view changes as diffs.

Having docs in repo is nice as you can send them for review, but i
feel that this is counter-productive for the current case.

What do you think?

Thanks!

--
Adi Roiban