[Twisted-Python] Using ldapbindingchecker (part of ldaptor) with Twisted.

David Shepherd dshepherd at novell.com
Wed Feb 4 06:46:59 MST 2015

I am looking for any examples of using the ldapbindingchecker to authenticate a custom SSH Server written with Twisted and Python 2.7. At the moment I am trying to hack an existing SSHD example in the Twisted O'Reilly book.  The docs refer to a "cfg" but I cannot find where it discusses what CFG actually is ?

I seem to need a service account to authenticate with the ldapbindingchecker so I can decide my user accound and password are valid over ldap. Where is this defined and what is the format ? I have found the global.cfg file and that gets me part of the way there but effectively I still cannot set a password. Can anyone help ?

Many thanks,

David Shepherd
Solutions Architect (Collaboration)
Novell Services