[Twisted-Python] Using ldapbindingchecker (part of ldaptor) with Twisted.

bret curtis psi29a at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 08:39:55 MST 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:46 PM, David Shepherd <dshepherd at novell.com> wrote:

> I am looking for any examples of using the ldapbindingchecker to
> authenticate a custom SSH Server written with Twisted and Python 2.7. At
> the moment I am trying to hack an existing SSHD example in the Twisted
> O'Reilly book.  The docs refer to a "cfg" but I cannot find where it
> discusses what CFG actually is ?

I've yet to really dig into the code in that area of Ldaptor yet, but I
believe this might be what you want:

ldapChecker = LDAPBindingChecker(ldaptor.config.LDAPConfig())
p.registerChecker(ldapChecker)

or

cfg = LDAPConfig()
checker = LDAPBindingChecker(cfg)
realm = TODOGetRidOfMeRealm(config=cfg)
porta = portal.Portal(realm)
porta.registerChecker(checkers.AllowAnonymousAccess(),
credentials.IAnonymous)
porta.registerChecker(checker)

> I seem to need a service account to authenticate with the
> ldapbindingchecker so I can decide my user accound and password are valid
> over ldap. Where is this defined and what is the format ? I have found the
> global.cfg file and that gets me part of the way there but effectively I
> still cannot set a password. Can anyone help ?
>
>  Looking here:
http://ldaptor.readthedocs.org/en/latest/_modules/ldaptor/checkers.html
seems to indicate that you need to pass in your credentials. There are a
few TODO items in here as well.

I hope this gets you started into a better direction! I hope there are
others that can chime in as well

Cheers,
Bret