[Twisted-Python] Python 3.3 buildslaves

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 15 00:16:27 MDT 2014

On Sep 14, 2014, at 5:09 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7355 is a blocker
> for the release of Twisted 14.1 and #7355 is blocked Python 3.3 buildbot
> configuration/availability issues.

Thank you for (specifically) bringing this up and (generally) getting the 14.1 blockers cleared out. I'm beginning to notice a concerted effort :-).

> Who can look at why one of the Python 3.3 slaves is offline and why
> the two slaves are configured differently?

I've been gradually accumulating the various credentials that I need for maintaining all the buildbots.  On my to-do list is centralizing and documenting how all of these are maintained to make it a bit less obscure.  It may surprise you that you personally actually have access to those credentials!  For the time being I've sent you a separate personal message explaining how you might get access to it, although I apologize that that's as good as we can do right now.

This isn't exactly blocked by the following ticket, but filing this is the last thing I did while trying to figure out the Python 3 buildbot situation:

<https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/4518>

I will probably have another look at this tomorrow whether it's fixed or not, but I certainly wouldn't mind if some other folks bumped that ticket and politely reminded the Fedora infrastructure team that invalid certs are a pretty serious operational issue.

-glyph