[Twisted-Python] Seeking advice: Coping with heavy log file loads

Marc Byrd dr.marc.byrd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:11:04 MDT 2010

Definitely use syslog.  To see how much logging is costing you without
changing code, you can simply route to /dev/null via syslog.  Btw, w/ local
logging, you may not see it in the cpu usage - more likely in the i/o wait.
 In my experience, logging to a remote syslog-ng server over udp has very
little impact on the app, almost like logging to /dev/null (which in turn is
like not logging at all).

Are you by chance on AWS/EC2 ?  If so, please contact me to discuss possible
design partnership.