[Twisted-Python] Seeking advice: Coping with heavy log file loads

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 12:57:31 MDT 2010

Hi Paul,

Is is sporadic? (the CPU burst) If so, you may be seeing the log
rotation code kicking...and it's probably blocking your app too until
it completes.

I've got a couple patches to fix the blocking issue:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4372

The patch which eliminates old log rotation will probably get rid of
your CPU problem too.

-J