[Twisted-Python] twisted.names.error.DNSNameError on MacOsX but not on linux

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Tue Aug 11 12:53:21 EDT 2009

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> On 03:50 pm, gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I wrote a twisted app using the XMPP code that works fin on linux (and
>> windows), but on Mac I get a twisted.names.error.DNSNameError, I
>> searched google but found nothing on this, is there a known bug with
>> Twisted on Mac?
>>
>> I have Mac OS X 10.5.8, and the latest version of twisted from the
>> website.
>>

> DNS is good at having behavior sensitive to the environment you are
> using it in.  I'm not sure if there are any known bugs which would
> explain the problem you're encountering, mostly because I don't really
> know what problem you're encountering. ;)  "twisted app using XMPP code"
> and "get a DNSNameError" don't say a whole lot.  What API is failing?
> What other details can you provide?  It may be a bug in Twisted, or it
> may be a configuration issue relating to your Mac host.
>
> Jean-Paul

Hello jean-Paul, I just saw your msg, I have sent some example code. I
think I nkow where this is comming from, Apple has a version of twisted
installed in it's python frameworks, and it's version 2.5. I just
remembered I had the same error when on version 2.5 on linux. The
problem is I don't know how to cleanly resolve this problem, I would
need python to use my cersion an not Apple's, but how to do this?

Gabriel