[Twisted-Python] twisted.names.error.DNSNameError on MacOsX but not on linux

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 11 12:17:10 EDT 2009

On 03:50 pm, gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I wrote a twisted app using the XMPP code that works fin on linux (and
>windows), but on Mac I get a twisted.names.error.DNSNameError, I
>searched google but found nothing on this, is there a known bug with
>Twisted on Mac?
>
>I have Mac OS X 10.5.8, and the latest version of twisted from the
>website.

DNS is good at having behavior sensitive to the environment you are
using it in.  I'm not sure if there are any known bugs which would
explain the problem you're encountering, mostly because I don't really
know what problem you're encountering. ;)  "twisted app using XMPP code"
and "get a DNSNameError" don't say a whole lot.  What API is failing?
What other details can you provide?  It may be a bug in Twisted, or it
may be a configuration issue relating to your Mac host.

Jean-Paul