[Twisted-Python] help with deferreds??

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Feb 3 20:27:35 EST 2006

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 07:42:27 -0800 (PST), john peter <neuzhoundxx at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  With my initial attempt using Twisted, only one connection seems to succeed, and the other basically hangs.

This isn't quite a "minimal" example, since I don't have access to the server side that this code is expecting to talk to.  Have you tried setting up a simpler server which does a listenTCP and then a server which does connectTCP to it multiple times?  Does that work?

One thing that occurs to me is that if the first byte of the connection is not \x82 it will be disconnected immediately; the dataReceived you've written doesn't actually parse any protocol data.  Depending on which prints are actually commented out or not that might look like hanging :)