[Twisted-Python] still no stop!

Bill la Forge laforge49 at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 21 08:40:14 MDT 2004

Thanks folks!

I spent half a day writing a server wrapper for bsdb config and quit, as
I needed a better understanding of twisted.

Then I spend half a day fooling around with this, starting with finger,
making and fixing a whole series of dumb-bunny mistakes.

Now that I have a minimal working server, its a snap to build it up,
XP style.

One thing that I've got to puzzle out is failed startup is a server family.
What's the best way to cleanup when some server children succeed
and then one fails? (Case in point, some databases open, but then
one fails to open, possibly due to a configuration error.)

Just throw in the towel and do a restore next time round? Raise an
exception (I think this is wrong)? Call reactor.stop() and cleanup
during shutdown?

Bill

Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
Don't do reactor.stop() inside a .tac. A .tac runs *before* event loop
starts, so you are essentially stopping event loop before it starts,
which can lead to broken behaviour.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring http://itamarst.org