[Twisted-Python] MSN client code preview

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 30 03:03:31 EST 2002

Hi ivo:

I'd like to create a mechanism for making plugins (registered in
plugins.tml) for twisted.im... it seems like wasted effort to develop an
MSN-specific client, when we're working on a "universal messaging"
client ourselves to demo Twisted's capabilities.

I realize that the IM code is not exactly "mature" at this point :-) but
it does have some design ideas that I'd really like others to adopt;
such as making a standard, pluggable interface for loading PB clients,
similar to the way that mktap and coil load PB services.