[Twisted-Python] MSN client code preview

Ivo van der Wijk ivo at amaze.nl
Sun Mar 24 19:09:18 EST 2002

Hi all,

I did some heavy refactoring on my python MSN code this weekend. If anyone
is interested in taking a sneak preview at the code (and comment on the
API, etc), feel free to download some code at:

http://ivo.freezope.org/pymsn200203250.tgz

There's no docs (except for an msn protocol description), but there
are two sample programs included: 'client.py' which is a very simple
gtk/glade interface, and 'msntxttest.py' which basically echoes back
anything that's sent to the client.

The code is at this moment still very incomplete, and still needs loads
of work, but you should be able to login using an existing msn
handle/password, and send/receive messages.

At this moment, I've only tested with everybuddy at the other end of
the session - it may be that MS's msn client sends more noise that confuses
the clients - I'll test this later.

Patches, remarks, suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

	Ivo (VladDrac @ OPN)

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                              -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                      Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.