[Twisted-web] HTTP authentication for twisted.web.client.Agent (#5148)

Matt Behrens matt at zigg.com
Mon Apr 8 07:59:10 EDT 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Jonathan Jacobs <jonathan+twisted at jsphere.com> wrote:

> After reading your mail I was surprised this wasn't already in
> Twisted, JP Calderone, the branch author, brought something to my
> attention that perhaps makes this a little harder than it seems:
>
> The body producer may not be restartable, which means you need to
> buffer a copy of the body in case it needs to be replayed. With 100
> Continue support you might be able to work around that but then you
> need to be communicating with a server that supports that feature.

Right, yes, that would complicate matters.  Clearly, I hadn't thought that all the way through yet.

> Hopefully the currently-in-development tubes API
> <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1956> will make it easier to
> accommodate this requirement (and if not then perhaps the tubes API
> *should* make something like this easier.)

I can see where it would, but given as that's almost certainly a bit out yet I think will see about building out my own agent for now, and see where that goes.  Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but my original thought is looking a bit more out of my reach at the moment. ;-)