[Twisted-web] HTTP authentication for twisted.web.client.Agent (#5148)

Jonathan Jacobs jonathan+twisted at jsphere.com
Sun Apr 7 15:23:03 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Matt Behrens <matt at zigg.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking into Twisted for some projects at work and believe I may be able to work on #5148 <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/5148> to add HTTP authentication to twisted.web.client.Agent, since I need at least Basic support (and will probably just add Digest too while I'm at it.)

Hi Matt,

After reading your mail I was surprised this wasn't already in
Twisted, JP Calderone, the branch author, brought something to my
attention that perhaps makes this a little harder than it seems:

The body producer may not be restartable, which means you need to
buffer a copy of the body in case it needs to be replayed. With 100
Continue support you might be able to work around that but then you
need to be communicating with a server that supports that feature.
Hopefully the currently-in-development tubes API
<https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1956> will make it easier to
accommodate this requirement (and if not then perhaps the tubes API
*should* make something like this easier.)

-Jonathan