[Twisted-web] [BUG] static.File and nevow.static.File

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 05:04:56 MDT 2004

Every page that has a static.File() inside when is reloaded from the
browser causes a timeout error. Removing the static.File from the page
solves the situation so I guess that the problem is inside

The same erroneous behaviour could be observed in customform.tac
example if you refresh it.

In some cases refreshing 2 or 3 times the same example renders it.
I don't remember having problems with this stuff except in the last 2
days, so it could have something to do with the latest changes in tcp
and abstract, anyway I can reproduce this problem all the times is
needed. I also have ethereal packets file that I used to sniff the
connection from the browser and the server (if needed).

Here is a minimal example to demonstrate the bug:

from twisted.application import service, internet
from nevow import appserver, rend, loaders, static

class Page(rend.Page):
    docFactory = loaders.xmlfile('min.html')
    children = {'style.css':static.File('style.css')}
site = appserver.NevowSite(

application = service.Application("minimal")
internet.TCPServer(8080, site).setServiceParent(application)

I'm not starting when you hit refresh on me

body {
	background-color: #CE9090;

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running FreeBSD 5.3-beta6