[Twisted-web] dynamic nevow example-listing

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 05:09:11 MST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:20:11 +0800, Siegmund Fuehringer
<sifu-twisted at 0xx0.net> wrote:
> hi all!
>
> i like the idea of nevow example listing that was written a few
> hours ago. it would be cool to just run a livedemo of the examples
> somewhere like divmod.org/nevow.com. :)
>
> but what about implementing it in a more dynamic way like:
> http://www.sifu.info/exampleBrowser.tgz
> than there is no need to always edit the index.html file when you add
> a new one.
> it would be necessary though to place every example in its own directory
> (would be nice anyways to see which files belongs to which examples) and
> add a __init__.py with a litte metadata. a little docu for each example
> would probably also not hurt too much :)
>
> the example implementation above is just very a crude hack (will not
> even run on windows), because i did not want to invest hours before
> i know what you think about it.

-1

This would require to add unnecessary stuff to each example, making
every user think that they need that unnecessary stuff to write new
code.

I can't see anything really bad in adding 2 lines in a file for a new example.
Although I agree it's not beautiful, It's the least intrusive for each example.

IMHO at least.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running FreeBSD 5.3-beta6