[Twisted-web] Setting the twcgi header?

Alex Newby alex at alexnewby.com
Tue Jul 13 19:52:10 MDT 2004

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:15:27 -0400
From: Donovan Preston <dp at ulaluma.com>
Subject: Re: [Twisted-web] Setting the twcgi header?
To: "Discussion of twisted.web, Nevow,  and Woven"
	<twisted-web at twistedmatrix.com>
>> class PythonCGI(twcgi.FilteredScript):
>>         filter = '/usr/local/bin/python'
>> I wish to set the following header for my PythonCGI:
>> print "Content-type: application/x-shockwave-flash\n\n"
>> But, instead the script renders:
>> Connection: close
>> Server: TwistedWeb/1.3.0rc1
>> How do I change the header?

Override render_GET, and then call setHeader('content-type',
application/x-shockwave-flash'). There may also be some sort of
attribute you can set which will cause FilteredScript to do this for
you, I'm not sure. Examine the source code.

Thanks Donovan,

This is an uncommon case. I'm trying to use Ming's output method in a
pythonCGI. Having traced the method of choice within twisted
'protocols.http.Request.setHeader', until I finally thought to peek at
the source code for 'newow.appserver.NevowRequest' (NevowSite is
powering my site)

class NevowRequest:
    def process(self):
        #I think it may be defaulting here
        self.setHeader('content-type', "text/html")
Not sure though.

Alex Newby
E-mail: alex at alexnewby.com
Website: http://www.alexnewby.com