[Twisted-Python] imap google mail client

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Feb 10 20:17:27 EST 2013

On Feb 10, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Luca Sbardella <luca.sbardella at gmail.com> wrote:

> That works fine, it is pulsar that is not working ;-)
> It is a different question then,
> What the SSL connector does differently from a normal TCP connector?
> Or, better, what method should I fix/modify or add in the PulsarReactor
> https://github.com/quantmind/pulsar/blob/handshake/pulsar/lib/tx.py
> That reactor works fine for a standard tcp echo client.

It looks like 'run' (A) overrides the base reactor's implementation, and (B) doesn't actually run the reactor.

The Twisted reactor expects to 'own' the main loop, so you're skipping some of the initialization logic necessary to start a reactor up.  I can't say why that would affect a TLS connection specifically, but internal state will be potentially inconsistent with this reactor implementation, and it's probably a more serious underlying problem that just happens to be initially visible with your TLS connection.

-glyph

P.S.: Please don't top-post :).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Trimming_and_reformatting