[Twisted-Python] twisted server config: command line, environment or Axiom?

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Wed Aug 8 16:29:05 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Laurens Van Houtven <_ at lvh.cc> wrote:
> (3) has the downside that it conflates user data with configuration data. I'm not sure that's a good thing or not. It sounds very similar to axiomatic, which I've heard of, seen, but never played with.

As exarkun mentions in his reply, you don't have to store the
configuration and user data in the same Axiom store. If you're
interested, the way "axiomatic start" works is that it locates all
IService powerups on the store you pass it (which would be the "site
store", in Mantissa), and attaches those to the application. I think
most of the interesting IService implementations are in Mantissa, not
Axiom, but axiomatic itself does not depend on Mantissa and of course
there's no reason you can't write your own IService powerups.