[Twisted-Python] [ANNOUNCE] txWS 0.7

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:22:42 EST 2011

Hi,

A new version of the surprisingly-popular txWS is now available. You
can grab it from PyPI (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/txWS) or from
source on Github (https://github.com/MostAwesomeDude/txWS).

As before: txWS is a small, single-module library for augmenting
Twisted with WebSockets support. Unlike other approaches, txWS has a
minimalist philosophy and only provides enough WebSockets machinery to
wrap server factories. Notably, txWS does not provide a WebSockets
client.

New in this release: Underlying protocols using writeSequence() are no
longer broken with txWS, Chrome 16 and other RFC 6455-compatible
browsers are now supported, and there were a couple other cleanups not
really worth mentioning.

A couple people have asked about better examples. Somebody actually
sent me a very full example (https://gist.github.com/1380305) which is
probably a bit too big for docs, but is definitely a real-world bit of
usage. I'll see about getting some complete server examples all lined
up for people to use.

As always, feedback is welcome.

~ C.
Oregon State University Open Source Lab

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>