[Twisted-Python] regarding classes and functions in twisted.python.reflect

moses dsouza moijes12 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 07:30:04 EST 2011

Hi

I'm new to twisted. While was working on bug #5385 I noticed that classes
AccessorType, PropertyAccessor, Accessor and Summer were rarely used
elsewhere in the code. Similaryly many functions exists which are unused.
Do we need these functions and classes? I do understand that the purpose
t.python.reflect provides  "Standardized versions of various cool and/or
strange things that you can do with Python's reflection capabilities."  but
I feel if we could remove things that we don't need we could make the code
base smaller and move towards making twisted more efficient.

Looking forward to your views

regards
moijes12