[Twisted-Python] Pyjamas + web2py + twisted vs Django + Pinax
Theron D. Huffman
huffman at tokyo.email.ne.jp
Thu Dec 18 20:44:49 EST 2008
1. Pyjamas - (for the AJAX browser stuff)
2. Pyjamas-desktop - (for the desktop client)
3. Web2py (or djanjo, or django+pinax) - for the website on which the game will run and for database access and social part - login, chat, members, profiles, game history, etc.)
4. Twisted - for the networking and chat functionality.
5. Pygame - for most of the game stuff, sprites, inages, etc. (Actually I don't know if Pygame is necessary for a board-type game.)
My understanding of the above technologies is still limited and I'm not sure if I need all of these because some functionality may be overlapped. e.g. I don't know where Pyjamas leaves off and where web2py/danjo/pinax begins.
Can someone please give me some advice?
www.WHITokyo.info What's Happening In Tokyo podcast
www.Jindies.com Bringing you the very best in music by Japanese independent artists!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Twisted-Python