[Twisted-Python] Running commands / collecting datas via SSH on many machines: Twisted vs plain old scripts ?

Alessio Pace alessio.pace at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 02:41:26 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Suchindra Sandhu <suchindra at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Alessio,
>
> If you have many machines, then running commands via a shell script
> for loop quickly gets un-weildly. Especially since some machines could
> be slow in responding since they could be busy, faroff etc or it your
> command itself takes a long time to complete.
>
> Doing this in twisted will not only give you better resource
> allocation, but it will also be easier to get timeouts and such
> things. The twisted ssh implementation probably gives you other things
> as well, but I am not aware of them.
>
> Hope that helps.

Hi,

yes this confirm my "feeling". The fact is that I don't know if in Twisted I
can easily do ssh proxying, as I use to do now configuring  my
.ssh/ssh_config file.. That's why for simplicity I fell back to plain
scripts calling ssh.

But I would like to switch to Twisted for the aforementioned reasons.

Thanks.
--
Alessio Pace