[Twisted-Python] Running commands / collecting datas via SSH on many machines: Twisted vs plain old scripts ?

Suchindra Sandhu suchindra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:02:25 EST 2008

Hi Alessio,

If you have many machines, then running commands via a shell script
for loop quickly gets un-weildly. Especially since some machines could
be slow in responding since they could be busy, faroff etc or it your
command itself takes a long time to complete.

Doing this in twisted will not only give you better resource
allocation, but it will also be easier to get timeouts and such
things. The twisted ssh implementation probably gives you other things
as well, but I am not aware of them.

Hope that helps.

--
/s