[Twisted-Python] twisted and performance
waterinfire at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:11:54 EDT 2007
Thanks for the python twisted,it is a great software.
I am from china. This days we use twisted to develop a middleware.
1) Receive: receive 100~200 different client¡¯s message(they all
connect to our listen socket) and insert it into database(oracle)
2) Send: application insert message into db,then our middleware select
message from database and send this message to its destination through
Our design is : reactor + adbapi.ConnectionPool
1) reactor is used in receiveing and sending message from and to
2) when we received a message,we use adbapi to insert it to db
3) we use adbapi to select message from db,and use a Deferred to
notify us when we got a message from db,and send it to peer,after receiving
the peer¡¯s acknowledge message ,we update the databse.
After testing many times,we found when the connection number is less than
20,its performance is very good.But if the connection number is more than 30
or 50, it is performance is worse and worse.
DO you give me some advice about the design?
Thanks in advance.
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!
More information about the Twisted-Python