[Twisted-Python] reactor and thread

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Jun 13 22:05:06 EDT 2007

Gábor Bernáth already answered your question, but I'd like to answer as
specifically as possible for future readers who may discover this

On 13 Jun, 06:21 pm, michele.petrazzo at unipex.it wrote:
>    reactor.call_in_main_thrad(callBack)

This is spelled:

>reactor.callIntoThread(tid, funct, callBack)

This is spelled:

    from twisted.internet.threads import deferToThread
>Is this possible with twisted? (Does I'm dreaming?)

This, and many other fun features of the reactor, can be discovered by
reading the twisted.internet interface documentation, available here:

You can read more specifically about threads here:

I hope this proves useful to you!