[Twisted-Python] Reactors

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Thu Nov 18 13:48:01 EST 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> IOCP: possibly this should be a separate project, so people can still
> download it, since even in its current state it's probably better than
> default win32 reactor in terms of scalability and will work correctly
> for a simple TCP server. Any comments, Pavel?

Even if it isn't released in 2.0, I don't see any reason it can't stay
in Twisted. If it is made to work after 2.0 release, we could release
Twisted Core 2.1, with the main new feature being Pavel's awesome IOCP
support. I'm not proposing to remove any reactors from SVN, just omit
the currently non-working ones from the release tarball.

But, as for it working right now for TCP: the buildlogs show a bunch of
failures in twisted.mail.test.test_imap.NewFetchTestCase, which I
assume is a "simple" (besides the IMAP part of course) TCP server,
followed by the buildslave going belly-up. This seems to be consistent
through all the buildlogs I looked at.

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/buildbot/win32/builds/122/iocp/0

James