[Twisted-Python] Status of twisted.xish.xpath

Dave Smith dizzyd at jabber.org
Mon Apr 12 11:59:08 EDT 2004

> I was wondering what's the status of the xpath parser in Twisted.

Well, xish.xpath isn't meant to be a "full" xpath implementation, per se.
I originally wrote it be used for routing XML packets from a Jabber
connection, so it's really focused on providing matching/equality
operations versus the transforms and other operations traditionally
associated with XPath engines. In my happy little world, XPath is not a
operational language -- it's a filtering/matching syntax.

I wasn't aware that Nevow was using xish.xpath, but that's cool if it is.
I'll be glad to add additional logic as necessary to enhance the
filtering/matching aspects of XPath to support a RSS aggregator, but I'd
prefer to not see xish.xpath become a "full" XPath engine.

FWIW, xish.xpath is "actively developed", there just haven't been any
feature or bug requests against it for a while. :)

Just my $0.02.

D.