[Twisted-Python] delivering application

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Oct 23 23:52:46 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:24:58PM -0400, Yun Mao wrote:

> > There's already a bindAddress optional argument that you could possibly use
> > for this (and it's cross-platform)... I'm guessing there's some reason why
> > you need to bind the local side by device rather than by IP address?
> >
> > -Andrew.
> >

> Because I can't get it working. This looks different from the TCP server
> side. My senario is that I have both ethernet (eth0) and 802.11(eth1)
> available, and I want one TCP connection use eth0 and the other one use
> eth1. binding IP addresses for the two connections doesn't work for me..

*Please* submit a bug report!  We can't know that things don't work for
people if they don't tell us :)

http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/

> Even it'll work, getting the IP for the specific interface is still a
> little troublesome..

Yeah, I suspected as much.  There are definitely times when it's more
convenient to work in terms of devices than in terms of IP addresses,
depending on the problem you are trying to solve.  Could submit this to the
issue tracker as a feature request?

Thanks!

-Andrew.