[Twisted-Python] SNMP in Twisted

Wari Wahab wari at home.wari.org
Wed May 28 05:41:14 EDT 2003

Andrew Bennetts wrote:

>Have you seen
>    http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2002-December/002456.html

OMG! That answer one half of my question, thanks. Should of probe around
first.

>(In general, the best approach to Twistifying a protocol in another Python
>library is to reuse the message decoding and encoding, but use Twisted to
>handle all the networking.  This usually means writing a Protocol subclass
>that delegates most of the work in dataReceived to the library, but
>obivously this depends on the protocol...)

So do you mean that twisted is the one sending out bytes to and from the
network, and pass dataReceived to the library?

This depends if the library has the encode and decode routines right? If
the library does it's own networking, then I cannot do it this way, am I
right in saying that?