[Twisted-Python] LivePage Hello World

Donovan Preston dp at twistedmatrix.com
Thu May 22 16:33:53 EDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 12:48 AM, Luc Stepniewski wrote:

> What is the maximal size of the data that can be sent from the server
> to the
> client? I guess there are more than one answer; one for flash, one for
> javascript basic, and one for raw mozilla specific javascript?

Pretty large. On IE Win, where Flash communicates with the browser
using LiveConnect, I haven't seen any problems with huge page changes
(An entire very complicated page). Everywhere else, the script is
currently sent to the browser in a regular HTTP response, in a <script>
tag, so I don't see why there would be any limit to the amount of data
you could send there. If there is any limit on the size of JavaScript
strings, that would be it.

Donovan