[Twisted-Python] Twisted 1.0.4 - Tildes in the book

Francois Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Apr 27 12:13:43 EDT 2003

Hi, still me...

In the Twisted 1.0.4 book -- I hope this reference is unambiguous enough,
I have not seen more than one :-) -- there is a problem here and there with
`~' being shown over the next character (`/' for example) instead of prior
to it as intented.  At many places, tildes are OK, however.  Should I try
reporting all problematic cases?  I guess not, as the problem is likely
to be the same at all places, and some global action could be taken.
The example I'm currently looking at is at the end of page 136 (6. Web
Applications; 6.1.2 Before we begin) on this quote:

   Make sure the `TwistedQuotes' directory is on your PYTYONPATH, put
   `webquotes.rpy' and `WebQuotes.html' in your `~/public_html' directory,
   and you are ready to go.

The `~' and `/' on the last sentence are at the same character position.