[Twisted-Python] Failed to run "im" out of the box...

Ibraheem Umaru-Mohammed iumarumo at eidosnet.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 11:59:31 EDT 2002

Hi,

So, I downloaded Twisted 1.0.0rc2 - Release Candidate for UNIX.
Unpacked it, ran "python setup.py install".
Ran the "admin/runtests" tool, and 2 tests failed:

,---- [ admin/runtests ]
| Failure: testaNoPermission(twisted.test.test_logfile.LogFileTestCase)
| Failure: testFileRebuild(twisted.test.test_rebuild.RebuildTestCase)
`----

Assuming that 2/300 test failures were /still/ ok, I proceeded
to attempt to run "im". This failed with the following, I have
also included a report of the packages installed and their current
versions:

		[--- begin report ---]
ibz at ignoramus:$ im
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/im", line 30, in ?
    im.run()
  File "./twisted/scripts/im.py", line 27, in run
    from twisted.im.gtkaccount import AccountManager
  File "./twisted/im/gtkaccount.py", line 21, in ?
    from twisted.im.gtkcommon import GLADE_FILE, SETTINGS_FILE, autoConnectMethods,\
  File "./twisted/im/gtkcommon.py", line 21, in ?
    from twisted.manhole.ui.pywidgets import isCursorOnFirstLine, isCursorOnLastLine
  File "./twisted/manhole/ui/pywidgets.py", line 9, in ?
    from twisted.spread.ui import gtkutil
  File "./twisted/spread/ui/gtkutil.py", line 62, in ?
    class GetString(gtk.GtkWindow):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GtkWindow'
ibz at ignoramus:$

ibz at ignoramus:$ rpm -qa | grep python
gnome-python2-canvas-1.99.11-8
rpm-python-4.1-1.06
pythonlib-1.23-1
libxml2-python-2.4.23-1
python-popt-0.8.8-7.x.2
python-2.2.1-17
orbit-python-1.99.0-4
python-optik-1.3-2
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-1.99.11-8
gnome-python2-1.99.11-8
python-devel-2.2.1-17
pythonworks-test-1.2-20010328
rpm404-python-4.0.4-8x.27
python-xmlrpc-1.5.1-7.x.3
gnome-python2-bonobo-1.99.11-8
ibz at ignoramus:$

ibz at ignoramus:$ rpm -qa | grep gtk
gtkmm-devel-1.2.9-1.ximian.1
gtk2-2.0.6-8
rep-gtk-0.16.0.90-4
gtkglarea-1.2.2-13
libgtkhtml20-1.0.4-2.ximian.1
libgtkhtml19-0.16.1-ximian.1
gtk-themes-1.0.1-1.ximian.3
libgtkhtml16-0.13.0-ximian.1
libgtkhtml17-0.14.0-ximian.2
pygtk2-1.99.12-7
gtkmm-1.2.9-1.ximian.1
gtk-engines-0.12-ximian.10
libgtkhtml1.1-1-1.1.2-0.ximian.1
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-1.99.11-8
usermode-gtk-1.63-1
gtk+10-1.0.6-10
gtk+-1.2.10-22
pygtk-0.6.9-3.ximian.6
pygtk-libglade-0.6.9-3.ximian.6
libgtkhtml18-0.15.0-ximian.2
gtkhtml2-2.0.1-2
gtkhtml-1.0.4-3
libgtkhtml15-0.12.0-ximian.6
pygtk2-libglade-1.99.12-7
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-22
gtkhtml-devel-1.0.4-3
ibz at ignoramus:$

ibz at ignoramus:$ python -V
Python 2.2.1
ibz at ignoramus:$
		[--- end report ---]

Platform Linux, Redhat 8.0.

Erm, can't think of anything else that might be of interest right now...
Let me know if you need any more information.

Kindest regards,

				--ibz.