[Twisted-Python] Failed to run "im" out of the box...

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Fri Oct 18 12:07:22 EDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:59:31 +0100
Ibraheem Umaru-Mohammed <iumarumo at eidosnet.co.uk> wrote:

> So, I downloaded Twisted 1.0.0rc2 - Release Candidate for UNIX.
> Unpacked it, ran "python setup.py install".
> Ran the "admin/runtests" tool, and 2 tests failed:
>
> ,---- [ admin/runtests ]
> | Failure:
> | testaNoPermission(twisted.test.test_logfile.LogFileTestCase)
> | Failure: testFileRebuild(twisted.test.test_rebuild.RebuildTestCase)
> `----

I need to investigate the first, I've seen it happen sometimes too - I
suspect it's not serious (i.e. there's a good chance it always fails if
you run as root). As for the 2nd, upgrade to 2.2.2 and it'll go away.

The im issue is because, if I'm not mistake, the pygtk2 author gave it
the same name as original pygtk, even though it's different API.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting