[Twisted-Python] Proposed Website Comp

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Aug 24 22:35:17 EDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-08-24 at 22:12, Mark A. Richman wrote:
> This is why I called it a "comp" - I'm not going to waste my time with
> "real" HTML, CSS, etc. if you aren't going to like it...which you have
> made abundantly clear.

I think you got the wrong idea -- glyph did say that it was visually
pleasing (or something similar). It was only technical things that he
had criticisms for, and I agree with him full-heartedly. I think it's
sexy as well, it just needs to be hacked on to be not so blatantly
platform-dependant.

> I simply created it as a springboard for discussion, and not as a beta
> of any kind.

I think it looks awesome, but I agree with glyph's points. Is there any
chance you'll address some of the points he made? I can't say I'll be
able to help much, but I'd like to (and surely others would be able to
lend a hand here and there).

[snip to glyph...]
> > * You're using tables for all formatting, rather than CSS.  This is a
> > notorious
> > error that most experienced web designers seem to shudder at.  I guess
> > this

I thought this point was funny, considering the existing site uses
tables for formatting as well ;-)

--
                                Chris Armstrong
                         << radix at twistedmatrix.com >>