[Twisted-Python] Help us release Twisted 1.0

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Aug 20 17:36:51 EDT 2002

At Masters of Branding we use Twisted as the networking core for all of
our client and server RFID software.  It was by far the easiest
framework to develop with, debug under, and extend for our purposes to
support protocols such as SOAP, HTTP, and Macromedia Flash-compatible
XML Sockets.  The API and event model are both very well thought out and
has accommodated all of our networking needs from database-heavy server
software on Linux to (py)OpenGL visualization applications on win32.
The ease and power of Python and Twisted really showed through when we
took one of our applications developed in and for Linux and ported it to
run as a Windows NT service in less than day.  New users to the
framework will not only be impressed by the power of the software, but
also that the developer/user community responsible for it are incredibly
helpful and often provide much better support in minutes or hours than
you'll see from commercial shops given days or weeks.

Bob Ippolito, CTO, Masters of Branding Inc.