[Twisted-Python] Metrics and all that jazz
twisted at itamarst.org
Wed Dec 26 11:13:34 EST 2001
I've been looking at metrics - currently the model is multiple machines,
connecting to a central metrics server that stores metrics in postgres. I'm
going to need something like that, so that's good, but it should also scale
Oh, and Sean, I couldn't actually get values added by test-client.py to show
up in the web interface - maybe try recreating your test environment from
scratch and see what step are missing from Twisted? I keep getting these errors:
26/12/2001 16:16 [Broker,0,127.0.0.1] ERROR: unknown variable counter3
So, what metrics needs:
1. Ability to store metrics in memory or in a round-robin database, and on
the local server too (for smaller setups and for easier testing.) See the
Round Robin Archives section of
details on what it is - it's a more reasonable way of storing data than a
RDBMS for this sort of thing in a lot of cases.
2. OS statistics for Unix - does resource.rusage() give the necessary info?
3. Docs, explanations, examples of protocol specific statistics (e.g. Web).
4. An additional way of keeping track of open connections and their metrics,
which should combine with the current metrics system.
5. Exporting stats to Windows NT Performance Monitor so it can do pretty
graphs and stuff.
More information about the Twisted-Python