[Divunal-author] Skrills for Fun and Profit

Tenth tenth@twistedmatrix.com
Sun, 18 May 2003 00:10:10 -0500 (CDT)

At Glyph's request, I wrote up a "walkthrough" of part of a puzzle
sequence I've been thinking about, viewable in html form here:

   http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/tenth/skrill.html

This has an example of the "useful tool which is also an inconveniently
autonomous creature" idea I'd mentioned on #divunal, yet another Tenth
style overcomplicated piece of machinery, and some examples of new verb
useage and alternate spins on Read and Put that weren't possible in the
the old Java Divunal/Reality code. (This example does seem to be using the
old school dynamic descriptions, wherein the part of the description that
changes is always at the end, but hey.)

It seemed like this might be an interesting sort of puzzle to implement,
and at least might have some interesting ideas that could be used in the
demo (or later development).

Viva Las Skrillas,

Tenth