[Twisted-web] getSession, componentized but not async?

Donal McMullan donal.mcmullan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:50:57 MDT 2016

> This can actually be useful in larger systems where you are making use of
> heavily componentized code, but in some cases it does seem like overkill.

That's close to the heart of the question. In larger systems, what is
useful about the componentized session objects in particular (as opposed to
components/adapters/interfaces in general)? It's a very particular API, so
I guess there's a reason for that.

> As for persisting session data-- I guess the idea is that storing or
> retrieving the session object doesn't need to be async because it is just
> an object in memory corresponding to a cookie in the request.

But doesn't that mean it's impossible to restart the process without
destroying user session data? That doesn't seem ok. Isn't that a problem
for your cas proxy?

Thanks Carl

DJM