[Twisted-web] web UI example for Twisted application

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Apr 23 22:20:52 MDT 2015

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 16:44, Benjamin BERTRAND <beenje at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a Twisted network application that I deployed as a twistd plugin.
> I have different configuration files defining several parameters including some Redis pub/sub channels.
> Today I use a script to stop and start the plugin with the proper configuration file.
> I’d like to make a web UI to be able to change the configuration of the application.
>
> I already saw some people asking about that but I haven’t found any example.
> Could anyone point me to some examples of a Twisted application with a web UI?
>
> I have developed some Flask web app, so I think it would be easier for me to start with Klein.
> But I’m not against trying Nevow (Twisted docs recommend it for this purpose).

I think the Twisted docs ought to be updated.  If I were starting a web frontend today with Twisted, I would definitely start with Klein and twisted.web.template.

Sadly I don't have a simple example to show you immediately; most real-world applications that put web UIs on Twisted are quite complex.  Hopefully the template-rendering examples in the Klein documentation are sufficient?

-glyph