[Twisted-web] Need Help

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 29 16:31:37 MDT 2013

On Jul 29, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Werner Thie <werner at thieprojects.ch> wrote:

> I've written a few Nevow/Athena based game servers in the last years, and I'm still convinced that I have chosen the right technology for the problems at hand. Time given, I might tackle the coding to have the underlying transport to be switched to websockets when available as Glyph suggested, but currently I see no performance issues and the servers are running with uptimes now measured in years.

To be honest, the main reason to add websocket support is not so much that there is a significant performance problem that needs to be addressed, but rather that people are going to show up _expecting_ that there's a significant performance problems because they've heard on some JavaScript forum that websockets are fast :).  If Nevow can just tick that box on the feature list, there's that much less to argue about.

Glad that Nevow has been working well for you, though :)

-glyph