[Twisted-web] Nginx vs Twisted Web

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Sun Jul 7 16:06:35 MDT 2013

 Thank so much to all of you for the excellent discussion on this topic.

I particularly liked Jean Paul from Twisted matrix's careful response.

And Burak Arslan's comment about Nginx supporting SendFile was hugely
interesting. *

*So which one of those two did I choose?  At first I was going to go to
Nginx, but then a developer I am cooperating with, who is also doing a
Zope 3 server
went with Cherokee, and I followed in his lead.  Why???  Well Cherokee
has a web GUI, that hugely simplifies my life, and the guy I am
cooperating with and I can support each other.  Really ease of use
trumps all other issues for me.  I just have way way too much complexity
that I am managing in life.

You can read more about my decision here.

http://zopache.com/ApacheNginxCherokeeTwistedWeb

If people want to continue this discussion, I would love to see a
comparison of Twisted Web and Cherokee.  Best to start a new thread for
that.

And if there were a web gui for Twisted Web, I would certainly have gone
with that, even if it were an early release.  I can imagine one could
create resources TTW Through The Web,
and store them in the ZODB.   Eventually I would like to see a tighter
integration between Twisted Web and Zope 3.  I am starting with the
ZTFY.org release of Zope 3.  But all things take time.

Regards
Christopher Lozinski
*

*