[Twisted-web] Nginx vs Twisted Web

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Tue Jul 2 14:22:04 MDT 2013

On 2 July 2013 15:41,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
<snip>
> It works, if you write the code to do it.  I think what Richard meant
> is that there is no endpoint that says "add fd 17 to the reactor and
> start speaking TLS over it".

Yes, I was also ignorant of TLS in Twisted.
I assumed that it required a new IReactorSocket method to specifically
return a t.internet.ssl.Port.

I managed to get it working with the following code:
 * https://gist.github.com/wallrj/5911925

Much simpler than I expected.

> This is perhaps blocked on someone inventing a way to compose endpoints,
> so that either the existing systemd endpoint and the existing tls endpoint
> could be combined to create this feature, or at least new endpoints could
> be written which could be combined to create this feature (rather than
> requiring a new endpoint for each possible combination).

There's just been a short discussion about it on #twisted.web

habnabit wrote this:
 * https://github.com/habnabit/txsocksx/blob/parsley/txsocksx/ssl.py

We'll create some tickets.

-RichardW