[Twisted-web] Nginx vs Twisted Web

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 2 08:41:43 MDT 2013

On 02:25 pm, mithrandi at mithrandi.net wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Richard Wall <m-lists at the-moon.net>
>wrote:
>>
>>Another problem is that Twisted doesn't yet support SSL on adopted
>>sockets.
>
>Is there a bug report for this? I would have expected it to Just Work
>(using twisted.protocols.tls, that is).

It works, if you write the code to do it.  I think what Richard meant
is that there is no endpoint that says "add fd 17 to the reactor and
start speaking TLS over it".

This is perhaps blocked on someone inventing a way to compose endpoints,
so that either the existing systemd endpoint and the existing tls
endpoint
could be combined to create this feature, or at least new endpoints
could
be written which could be combined to create this feature (rather than
requiring a new endpoint for each possible combination).

Jean-Paul