[Twisted-web] Streaming MP3 using twisted matrix

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 9 06:24:11 MST 2013

On Dec 8, 2013, at 1:21 PM, yoni s <real_yoni at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a simple example that streams MP3 over http.
>
> I know how to Google, and even to use GitHub search but while I found several examples for using python I didn't find anything using twisted.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks,
> Yoni

You don't really need to do anything special.  If you have a .mp3 file on your filesystem, a static.File (the thing you get from twistd web --path ...) can "stream" the mp3 just fine.

If you don't just mean serving up a file without chewing up OS resources like PIDs or thread stacks, you'll have to be more specific about what you mean by "streaming MP3".

-glyph